We believe that the Bible is the word of God...that, in the original manuscripts, both the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God, inerrant and infallible, and that they are our only and final authority for what we are to believe and for the way we are to live. See 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and 2 Peter 1:21.
Believing the above to be true, we adhere to the following doctrines which are taught in the Bible:
1. We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead: the Father, His Son. ... the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. They are equal in Deity, each one possessing all of the divine attributes. But, they are different persons. All three are eternal, unchanging, and worthy of our faith, love, and service.
2. We believe that man was created by God in the image of God. We believe that man was created without sin, but that, due to Adam’s disobedience, the whole human race fell under divine judgment. We believe that men are born with a sin nature, alienated from God, and unable to do anything to remedy this situation. We believe that Adam’s original sin was provoked by Satan. We believe that he continues to tempt men to sin. Satan (also called, the Devil) is a living being, a fallen angel, who leads the demons (other fallen angles) in opposition to all that has to do with God, His purposes, and His people. Although Satan still does his evil work in the world, he is a defeated and doomed foe who will ultimately be cast into the lake of fire.
3. We believe that, in spite of man’s sin and rebellion against God, He has continued to love man, all men, throughout every generation and in every part of the world. Because of this love, God has provided for the salvation of men. We believe that the Bible has been given so that we would know the need for, the origin, the nature the conditions, and the ultimate objectives of that salvation.
4. We believe that the salvation which God has provided for us is by grace, through faith alone in Christ, utterly apart from any human merit or work which man might do.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is eternal, that he was with the Father “before the world was”, that He became a man, born of the virgin Mary, and that His humanity did not in any way change His deity. We believe that He lived a sinless life, that He died for the sins of the whole world, was raised bodily from the dead, and then ascended bodily into heaven. We believe that He is coming again.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts men of their need of Christ before they can be saved, that the new birth takes effect by the Holy Spirit and that He permanently indwells every child of God from the moment he is saved. Crosby Chapel is not charismatic.
7. We believe that every believer in Christ should live for the glory of God. This means that we must be obedient to the word of God, and that prayer should have a vital part in our lives. We believe that only through the power of the Holy Spirit can we live godly lives, and that for this purpose we need to walk in dependence upon the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16), and to be filled (or controlled) with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18-21).
8. We believe in world missions...that our Lord has commissioned us to reach every person in the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We believe, therefore, that “the field is the world” and that it is imperative that we do our part to make Christ known in Crosby and Bremerton and throughout the World.
9. We believe in a literal heaven and in a literal hell. We believe that all who turn to God through Christ will spend eternity in heaven. We also believe that those who do not accept Christ will be eternally Lost.